What to Do in Sage CRM after a Database Move
Learn how database server migration affects Sage CRM and the necessary steps to do within Sage CRM after the database is migrated to a different server.
Typically, server hardware is upgraded every few years. Sometimes servers just go down and have to be replaced. When either of these situations happens, databases have to be migrated to the new server. After databases are migrated, application software has to be updated to point to the new hardware. This article details the necessary steps that need to be taken within Sage CRM after the database is migrated to a different server.
- Open the Registry Editor and change the following parameters accordingly. The password can be typed in plain text mode.
- Go to the following application path and open the db.properties file and adjust the following parameters accordingly. The password can be typed in plain text mode.
After saving the changes, reset IIS in the application server.
Now you should be able to login to CRM.
Encrypting the SQL Password:
The SQL password can be encrypted in registry by going into following area,
- Back up the db.properties file.
- Type the new SQL credentials in screen below and save. The screen is accessed via Administration -> System-> Database.
- Change the SQL password in the backed up properties file to encrypted password and save.
- Then copy the encrypted password from the registry area shown in the screenshot above.
- Now replace the original db.properties file with the updated file.
- Reset IIS.
If the Sage CRM Application Server has also changed, make sure to follow below steps in the SQL database.
- Open the SQL Management Studio and connect to CRM database.
- Run the following query.
Update Custom_Sysparams set parm_value = ‘[new servername];’ where parm_name = ‘Servernames’
- Reset IIS.